We would love to tell you that regular AC maintenance provided by a professional is all that you need to keep your system running properly. But we aren’t okay with lying. Maintenance makes a big difference in terms of the effectiveness and efficiency of your AC. This service can even help reduce the number of repairs your system needs to keep it running. But it won’t prevent every system repair need.
Professional AC maintenance that is performed regularly each year will prevent up to 85% of the repairs that your system would need otherwise over its lifespan. But what about those remaining repairs? How do you handle them?
Whenever an air conditioning repair in Fresno, CA pops up, it is worthwhile to reach out to our team for service. Here’s how you can determine if it is time to schedule repairs.
The Warning Signs of a Repair Need
If you notice any of the following warning signs from your AC system, it is worthwhile to schedule a system repair with a professional technician.
- The AC is emitting odd noises: Your air conditioner shouldn’t make a lot of noise when it is in operation. If you notice that it is creating rattling, clanging, hissing, bubbling, or screeching noises, then it is time to schedule a repair.
- The system is short cycling: Short cycling refers to when your AC stops its cooling cycle early, rather than completing it. This may mean it shuts off just when it finally starts producing cool air. A short cycling AC uses up extra energy while offering less comfort.
- You notice higher energy bills: A malfunctioning air conditioner is going to increase your energy bills. When the system is acting up it will use extra energy to try to cool the home. Don’t ignore a spike on your monthly bill–this is a sign of trouble!
- There are hot and cold spots in the home: Have you noticed that there are hot and cold spots in your home? Maybe some rooms are nice and cool while others still feel too hot. This can indicate that you have problems with your ducts or the blower fan in your system
- There is weak airflow from the system: Another indicator of trouble is that you notice weaker airflow from one or more of your vents or weak airflow from your air handlers. This can, again, indicate ductwork trouble or fan trouble.
Is Maintenance Still Worth It?
We want to combat the idea that maintenance isn’t worthwhile because it doesn’t halt every repair need. The truth is that this service saves you plenty of time and money by diminishing repair frequency and reducing repair costs. What’s more, it can even help to extend the overall lifespan of your air conditioner.
The ideal approach for keeping your AC running at its best for as long as possible is to schedule maintenance each year and then make sure that you schedule your system’s repair promptly when an issue pops up.
Whether you need maintenance or repairs for your air conditioner you can schedule your next service with California Indoor Comfort Inc. Where comfort and technology come together.