You are hiding in the house and trying to stay cool but nothing you do is working. No fans or shade are helping to keep the temperature indoors reasonable. You can’t spend your time in the freezer or the pool all summer though so you need to find a way to break free from the heat of the day.
Our team can help with an AC repair in Fresno, CA. There is more than one thing that can go wrong with your air conditioner and we can bet that our team has seen just about all of them. We can address any number of issues to ensure that your system gets back into working order again.
What Is Wrong With Your Air Conditioner?
If there is a problem with your air conditioner you will want to get it addressed as soon as possible so you can enjoy a cool home again. Here is what might have gone wrong with your AC unit:
- The air filter needs to be changed. The air filter in your AC is meant to protect the internal components of your system. If it becomes too heavily clogged with dirt and other debris, then the filter will hinder airflow rather than keep it clean. Changing the air filter regularly is the best option for optimal comfort.
- There is a leak in the refrigerant line. A leak in your refrigerant line will slow down the cooling process and strain your air conditioner. Be on the lookout for hissing noises or signs of leaking that may indicate a leak in your refrigerant line. This issue with rapidly worsen if not addressed quickly.
- The fan needs to be repaired. If your system’s fan has broken or loose blades it won’t be able to circulate air properly. This can result in not enough air being pulled into the system to be cooled or not enough of the cooled air being pushed out into the house.
- The condensate line is clogged. As your AC cools air it creates condensation which drips into a condensate pan and then is flushed out of the house via a condensate line. A clog in the condensate line will stop this drainage and may cause the pan to overflow which will cause your system to shut off.
- There is a clog around the condenser unit. Sticks, leaves, or other debris can hinder the flow of air out of your condenser unit. This makes it harder for your system to vent the heat that it absorbs which will make the entire cooling process slower and less efficient, not to mention more harmful to your system overall.
When something is off about your AC unit, your best option is to shut the system off to prevent compounded damage and then call an expert to get the issue fixed properly. Only a trained professional is going to be able to provide the repairs that keep your system running right.
Our team is where comfort and technology come together. Contact California Indoor Comfort Inc to schedule your next repair service.