It is going to be a little while longer before we are once more in the midst of the hottest time of the year. Of course, that is precisely why now is such a great time to start thinking about your air conditioning replacement in Clovis, CA. Sure, the temperatures are hovering around in the upper 60’s to low 70’s for now. When the heat of summer does sneak up on use once more, though, you’ll be glad for having gotten your air conditioner replacement out of the way early.
That being said, we certainly would not suggest that you should rush through the AC replacement process just to get it out of the way before you need your air conditioner once more. Taking your time to guarantee a successful replacement is a must. Here are some tips on when to consider a replacement, as well as what you should do to ensure your 100% satisfaction.
When to Replace
A question that we often hear from homeowners is simply “when should I replace my air conditioner.” In truth, the only point at which an air conditioning replacement is truly “necessary” is when it has broken down completely. Be that as it may, you obviously never want to wait for this situation to develop before scheduling repairs. So when is an AC replacement in your best interest, if not exactly a necessity?
- Your system is beyond its projected lifespan. An air conditioner is not going to suddenly give out on you entirely the day that it reaches its expected life expectancy. However, if your system is at or beyond this point already, then replacing it now before a breakdown occurs is definitely advisable.
- Your system is inefficient. This plays into the reasoning above, as well. If your system is inefficient, either because it’s always been, or it has lost some efficiency with age, then replacing it now helps you to cut down on your home cooling costs.
- Your system is simply unsatisfactory. This is a reason that too many homeowners simply overlook. You should be 100% satisfied with your air conditioner, and that includes its design. If you inherited a system that you’d not have chosen for yourself, that is reason enough for a replacement!
What to Keep in Mind
Okay, so you’ve decided that your AC is ready for retirement. What now? Here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Choose your system carefully. Don’t be afraid to try something new! This is a great opportunity to invest in a heat pump or a ductless mini split, rather than a central AC like you’ve always used.
- Keep timing in mind. As we said, it is only getting hotter from here on out. Don’t wait for a breakdown, and ideally don’t wait for the warm weather to bring the busiest time of the year for AC technicians with it.
- Review efficiency ratings. All AC systems are rated with a SEER (seasonal energy efficiency rating). The higher the rating, the more efficient the system.
If you’re ready to replace your air conditioner, give California Indoor Comfort Inc. a call. Where comfort and technology come together.