Discovering that your air conditioner isn’t working right is a pain. We understand your frustration but we also want to let you know that we can help. Determining what is causing your comfort troubles and how to address it is exactly the type of air conditioning service in Clovis, CA that we are known for providing.
To start, we want to look at whether the core issue at hand is your air conditioner itself, or the thermostat that controls it. This can be important to figure out because, to be honest, upgrading a thermostat is a more affordable way to save your comfort and benefit your HVAC system too!
Here are some of the key indicators to look for that will tell you if you need air conditioner repairs or a thermostat upgrade.
You may have air conditioner trouble if…
- There is a leak in the air conditioner: Are you seeing leaking fluid from your indoor or outdoor AC unit? This may be from a refrigerant leak, thawing ice build-up on your evaporator coil, or even a clogged condensate drain. Each of these issues requires repairs.
- You notice airflow trouble: Weakened airflow may be due to a clogged air filter, fan trouble, or even leaking ductwork. If you noticed that one or more of your vents is producing weak airflow then the issue is likely with your AC.
- There is ice on your AC unit: Ice collecting within your air conditioner is not normal. This is likely due to a dirty evaporator coil or a leak in the refrigerant line. Make sure to schedule repairs for your air conditioner if you notice this problem.
The issue may lie with your thermostat if…
- The system has a delayed response. When you turn on your thermostat you justifiably next backed an immediate response. If instead, there is a delay or no response at all then you likely need to repair or replace your thermostat.
- The thermostat isn’t detecting the right temperature. Old thermostats can become miscalibrated meaning that they are not able to detect temperature correctly. Likewise, an incorrectly installed thermostat may not be able to detect the temperature properly either. Make sure to have a professional check out your thermostat and either recalibrate it or replace it if this is the case.
- The AC was replaced but not the thermostat. Whenever you replace your air conditioner or heating system, you should also replace your thermostat. Pairing an old thermostat with a new HVAC system can actually ruin the efficiency of the system. Modern thermostats can help optimize your comfort and your energy efficiency.
Whether you are having a problem with your air conditioner or the issue originated within your thermostat your response should be the same: contacting a professional HVAC contractor to get things fixed. The professionals on our team are ready and waiting to provide the service you need to help you stay comfortable in your home all year long.
Where comfort and technology come together. Schedule your next HVAC system repair with California Indoor Comfort Inc.