There is a part of your home that you may take for granted. It sits around, unmoving but helping you out all the same. You’ve likely guessed already: it is your insulation!
Insulation in Fresno, CA can play an important role in keeping your home comfortable now and later. This is why we want to help you double-check that your home’s insulation is up to par.
Let’s look at how insulation helps your comfort level and how to tell when your insulation needs some help to get the job done.
What Insulation Does
Insulation is an important part of any home even if it doesn’t have any major moving parts. With insulation, you are going to be able to enjoy a better level of comfort for far longer. This is because your insulation acts as what is called a thermal barrier. This material helps stop the transfer of heat.
In the winter this benefits you by keeping your home warmer and reducing the speed at which cold air enters your home. In contrast, during the summer, insulation keeps hot air out of your home, helping you stay cooler for longer.
The Benefits of Good Insulation
So how does good insulation help your home? Well as we mentioned above, it acts as a thermal barrier, helping to reduce the transfer of heat in or out of your home. This is going to help you enjoy the following benefits:
- Reduced energy bills: One of the best things about insulation is that it helps you keep your energy bills more manageable. Because your heater (or AC) isn’t going to have to run as often, it won’t use as much energy which results in lower energy bills.
- Longer-lasting comfort: With insulation in your home, you will notice that it is far easier to keep your home comfortable for a longer amount of time.
- Better HVAC performance: Last but not least, you can enjoy knowing that your insulation will help to improve the operation of your HVAC system by reducing the demand on it overall.
How to Tell Your Insulation Needs Repairs
Insulation may be tucked out of sight but it does take quite a beating over the years. Moisture, wind, and the wide range of temperatures we see in Fresno take their toll and will start to break down your insulation over time. Here’s how you know that you need to invest in improving your insulation again:
- You can feel drafts in different parts of your home.
- You notice your heater or AC is running more often than normal.
- Your energy bills are increasing despite regular care for your HVAC systems.
- You know the insulation in your home hasn’t been checked in over a decade.
You are going to enjoy great benefits with well-maintained insulation in your home. If your insulation has begun to wear down though, it is worthwhile to check with a professional about getting it repaired. Our team is here to help you achieve the best level of comfort possible.
Where comfort and technology come together. Contact California Indoor Comfort Inc for the service you need.