We know that readers usually come to our blog for informative and educational posts about the systems and services that we offer. However, as is the case across the country and the globe right now, there is one topic at the forefront of our minds. That is COVID-19, or the Coronavirus.
We understand that homeowners everywhere are exercising extreme caution when it comes to mitigating the chance of exposure to this virus in their homes. Trust us, we are doing the same in ours. And we promise you that every member of our team will take these same precautions when working in your home and on your property.
If you have an appointment scheduled with California Indoor Comfort, rest assured that we’ll continue to provide you with the exceptional service that you deserve in this uncertain and trying time, and that we’ll do so while making your health and safety our top priority.
Our entire staff is well aware that prevention starts at their homes, that it continues in the workplace, and that it extends into the residences of our valued clients. They have the information and supplies that they need to do their jobs while protecting both themselves and the clients that they serve.
If you have any questions or concerns about your upcoming appointment, or if you are thinking about booking an appointment but want to know more about our specific preventative measures, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our team.
Precautions We Are Taking
For the safety of our customers and our team, we have implemented some new procedures to run a clean service call on your home.
- All employees who are feeling ill or are living with someone that is ill, will remain home.
- For technicians and office employees that come to work, we are following the Fresno County Health Department guidelines for daily screening
- Before we dispatch a technician, our office will be calling each homeowner to make sure that no one is sick in the home.
- Technicians will be dispatched from their homes instead of our office in order to minimize contact with others.
- Technicians will carry Lysol in their trucks and will wipe down the truck daily.
- You will receive a call notifying you that the technician is parked outside your home. Please be ready to open your door so our technician can begin work.
- Technicians will arrive at your home wearing a mask (if requested), boot covers, and gloves.
- Technicians will not shake hands with homeowners, and will practice social distancing (6 feet).
- Our technician will keep his tools outside and will do their best to minimize time in your home.
- We will not distribute paper invoices. All materials will be emailed to you.
Indoor Air Quality
There is much to consider regarding the COVID-19 virus (Coronavirus) and its possible transmission in your home. While there are various and effective indoor air quality measures available to help protect your safety, including duct sanitization, ultraviolet (UV) germicidal light treatment, and HEPA air filters, they alone cannot protect from all forms of COVID-19 transmission. It is important to follow all official guidelines for preventing the spread of this virus.
Fresh-Aire UV Overview
An entirely new V-Twin EverCarbon Matrix takes APCO-X to a new level of air treatment. The new configuration includes an antimicrobial nanotech coating and 65% more effective carbon surface area resulting in a 30% improvement in performance compared to existing APCO models.
- Advanced V-Twin EverCarbon Matrix
- Antimicrobial nanotechnology
- 3 year warranted UV-C lamp
- LED smart notifications
- Translucent polycarbonate housing
- Face-plate rotates for 360 installation
- High and low-voltage models